The Nano Overlord is switchable between two modes: Normal and Boost. Normal mode provides low to medium gain sounds and relies on three amp-like JFET gain stages. When Boost mode is engaged it’s like adding a pedal-type OD circuit in front of the JFET stages to really increase overall distortion. The pedal also features a Dry blend control which is invaluable for bass and keyboards, a 3-position input level selector switch and an active 3-band EQ.
• Create sounds ranging from boost without the grit and sweet crunch all the way to intensely saturated overdrive and thick distortion
• 3-position input level switch lets you set the initial input gain level for a variety of instruments including guitar, bass and keyboards.
• Active 3-band EQ for superlative tone shaping
• In Normal Mode three amp-like JFET gain stages provide low to medium gain sounds
• In the switchable Boost Mode a classic pedal-style overdrive circuit is added before the JFET stages to increase overall distortion
• The pedal’s Dry blend control is especially useful for bass and keyboards because it lets you retain your instrument’s articulation, harmonic content and bottom end.